Do’s and Do Not’s for People Contemplating Divorce
I routinely give advice to people contemplating divorce and many times I find myself repeating the same advice over and over. To that end I have decided to provide a series of tips to help those contemplating the murky divorce process in the greater Houston, Texas area.
First let’s talk about a few of the Do’s:
- Do check social networking sites and possibly shut them down.
- Do secure and make provisions to be safe, if there is a threat of violence.
- Do hire a private investigator for investigative work.
- Do inform your attorney of all relevant facts.
- Do talk about pre-nups and post-nups, if you have had one prepared.
Second let’s talk about a few of the Do Not’s:
- Do Not tap phones, unless you are a party to the conversation.
- Do Not install computer tracking software.
- Do Not record spouse unless personally involved or you have consent from other person.
- Do Not violate a standing order or injunction.
- Do Not transfer or withdraw large amounts of money after filing for divorce.
The reason behind each of these issues is self-explanatory, however if you need further information, contact my office at the number below to arrange a no cost initial consultation to discuss the divorce process in Texas.
James T. Mahan, Attorney-Mediator